Des Moines Activity Center
Des Moines Activity Center staff, enthusiastic volunteers and Advisory Committee specialize in creating a sense of community for older adults and their families. In partnership with key agencies, Des Moines Activity Center provides programs that enhance the experience of being an older adult and are focused on meeting the goals of successful aging – all served with a generous portion of fun!
We are always looking for volunteers for special events, office work and drivers. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Check out our Des Moines/Normandy Park Activity Center NewsLetter and discover the programs and services we offer that strive to meet successful aging goals to Maintain physical well-being; Keeping mentally stimulated, Maintain relationships and Maintain mental and spiritual wellbeing.
Monthly Lunch Menu
Wellness Connections for Older Adults in the Greater Des Moines/Normandy Park Communities
Learn more about City of Des Moines Human Services Committee and get a copy of the Community Services Directory.
Senior Services Advisory Committee
Maintain Physical Well-being
Physical Exercise: Research shows that regular physical exercise is essential to healthy aging.
- Enhance Fitness-partnership with Group Health, Senior Services
- Fitness Classes-Yoga, Unwind Your Spine, Strength and Stretch and Tai Chi
- Sports-Coed Softball Regional League, Drop-in Volleyball and Golf, Pickleball
- Wii Sports-Drop-in Golf and Bowling
- Nutritional Lunches, Monday-Thursday, in partnership with Catholic Community Services, are spiced with bubbling laughter and shared memories.
- Monthly Menu
- Meals on Wheels-partnership with Senior Services
- Priceless gifts of time and energy from dedicated volunteer enhance the lives of senior friends and neighbors and offer volunteers meaningful experiences.
- Participation in programs provides social engagement and contributes towards emotional well-being
- Volunteer opportunities in Des Moines
- Volunteer Application
Keep Mentally Stimulated
- Arts & Writing classes
- Participating in activities, classes, trips
Maintain mental/spiritual well-being and safe, secure life through wellness workshops
- AARP Safety at the wheel
- Blueprint for living presentations
- Health and Wellness Connections
- South King County Fire & Rescue Senior Safety